Sunday, October 13, 2013

4Moms Mamaroo




Review: 4Moms Mamaroo Baby Swing

I am not even sure where to begin with this swing. First off, where was this when my son was a baby!?
Secondly, if it wasn't for baby swings I probably would not have made it through the first year with all the hair on my head still intact. My son was extremely colicky, loved attention and would scream till your ears bled. Surprisingly, I did not put a baby swing on my registry nor did I get one as a gift. Looking back, I'm not sure why I didn't put one on my "Must Need" list because it certainly allowed me to take a decent 10 minute shower without having to use my towel to get the last bit of conditioner out.

DESIGN
The 4Moms Mamaroo grabbed my attention as soon as I saw the long lineup of swings at our local baby store. The sleek design is eye catching and unique and the swing itself comes in six different colors.

The toy bar and balls are completely removable and can easily be moved to the side to pick baby directly up out of the swing. The balls can also be removed from the bar and can actually be used with the swing or later on when baby has outgrown the swing. The balls are reversible and have two sides:
Black and white - for contrasting color and strengthening baby's eyesight
and
Color - to help develop eyesight and provides fun color recognition.

There are two options for fabric when it comes to the seat covers on the 4Moms Mamaroo.
If you decide to buy the nylon seat cover, the fabric can be slightly rough for some newborn babies but my 3 month old niece (my tester baby) seemed to have no problem with it. She decided she was going to work overtime and slept about an hour in the Mamaroo.

But, if your heart is set on buying this swing, I suggest splurging a little bit more and purchasing the plush seat cover. If you're strapped for cash (or prefer to save) and opt for the nylon cover, you could simply wrap a nice warm blanket around baby after putting him or her in the swing. If you already have the nylon cover but decide you'd like the plush instead, 4Moms allows you to buy a replacement! Both seat cover options are easily removable and machine washable.




SEAT
Another great feature on the Mamaroo is the reclining seat. The comfortable cradle-style seat is fully adjustable and slides to any position. The lock is located on the back of the swing and is easy to use as well as an important feature when keeping baby safe.
To keep baby safer than he/she already is, there is an adjustable 3 point padded buckle harness that allows your little one to safely swing.
For smaller babies, 4Moms.com also offers consumers an option to purchase a reversible newborn plush insert for an even more secure feeling. 




FEATURES
So what makes this swing different from other baby swings?
The Mamaroo has FIVE soothing motions that softly bounce up and down or sway side to side:





If your baby falls asleep in the car like my son did, this is perfect for you. Choose your favorite motion by using the blue LCD screen and the up and down buttons.

MUSIC
The Mamaroo also provides built in nature sounds through the attached speaker system on the base of the swing which also allows you to control the volume.
If you're not a fan of the sounds provided you can plug in your iPhone or mp3 player and listen to whatever music you desire. 

POWER
My favorite part about the Mamaroo? No more batteries! With my sons swing, I went through a ton of batteries and the cost of a cheap swing quickly became very expensive the more he used it. The Mamaroo includes an AC adapter that reaches up to about 5 feet long!

After testing the 4Moms Mamaroo with my 3 month old niece and asking other parents how much they love their Mamaroo, I believe this swing is definitely worth the money. 

I have no affiliation with 4Mom's.
I purchased this product with my own money
and this is my 100% honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment